Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Perfect Day

My birthday was last Friday, and it was the best! On my last birthday, it snowed. The birthday before that, I was sick! I was overdue for a fantastic day to remember.

The day started out as I woke up at 6 a.m. to work out. Yes, I wanted to work out. My birthday especially should be a day of feeling good, and I feel good after I exercise. The kids didn't wake up until after I was done, which doesn't always happen. For breakfast, we had cinnamon rolls. Yummy! After everyone got dressed and ready for the day, Chris and the kids drove me to my 9 a.m. appointment for a massage, pedicure, and manicure. Chris drove around and watched the kids while I got pampered. It was SO relaxing! It was my first time, too. During my massage, I could just feel all of the stress being pushed out of my body. Needless to say, it was very nice.

After feeling refreshed and getting my nails painted a pretty purple, we went out for lunch at Lucy's. I love Chinese food, so it was a good meal. Chris' sister, Sarah, works there, and hooked us up with some extra egg rolls and Crab Rangoon. Next, we took the kids home to take their naps, and I got dressed in nicer clothes for a date with my man that night. Jeni, my sister-in-law, straightened my hair. I completely trust her with my hair; she does a good job. At 3:30 p.m, I had a facial appointment. Also awesome, relaxing, and my first one. I felt pretty and relaxed after who-knows-how-many lotions the beautician put on my face.

Our evening started out with dinner at Gilardi's, a very nice Italian restaurant. I ate with my mom-in-law, dad-in-law, Jeni, Sarah, as well as (of course) Chris, Micah, and Paige. I got a pasta with creamy tomato sauce and mushrooms. Very delicious, and good service, too! Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so that made me happiest of all.

After our bellies were full, Chris' family took the kids home while Chris and I had our date at a Springfield Cardinals game. We arrived at the field, and one of the stadium workers found us our seats right behind home plate a couple rows up. He brushed off our seats for us, too! We watched a good game as we ate cotton candy and ice cream in a bowl resembling a St. Louis baseball hat. A man with roses gave one to each lady in our section. We were treated like royalty! The score was tied 5-5 in the middle of the 9th inning, but the Cardinals swung hard and hit a home run bottom of the 9th. Great way to end the game! Plus, they had fireworks afterwards! Nice ending to the perfect day. Finally, we went to the 'rents home to pick up the kids, and pretty much just crashed in bed. Like I said, a perfect day. And I have my husband to thank for it. He wanted to make sure I had an amazing birthday, and I did. How is he going to top it next year?

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Wow that sounds like a fabulous birthday! Good job Chris for planning such a great day. I'm glad that you were treated like a queen, and after reading your post it left me wanting to make an appointment at the spa! Happy late birthday Jen!

Catherine and Derrick said...

Oh that sounds soo wonderful. Good job Chris. I am so glad you had a great birthday. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Katie Mae said...

Hey! We decided to set our blog to private and we would love to add you so you can keep up with our family. If you would like, please email me your email address and we will add you! M2a2e2@gmail.com