Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sí, se puede (Yes it can be done)


Soooo 9 more days until I graduate! I am so excited but I can not believe its coming. These next days are going to be the death of me. If I can make it, I think I will be able to do anything. I am just excited because we are down to the single digits.

Here is a little history of why I am so excited to be done with school here at BYU-Idaho. I started school here the Summer of 2000. That is right. 8 years ago. I know what you are thinking. A lot of people go to school for 8 years... Yeah they are called doctors and lawers. But oh no. I am getting my Bachelors in Communication. Technicaly I have not been here for that long because I took 2 years off for my mission to Long Beach. Then I took a year and four months off to get married. So 5 1/2 years isn't to bad but it feels like 8 years. BUT still, I am 26 in school.

I am the old man with two kids on campus. My sister who is 7 years younger than I am is going to be a sophmore at the end of this semester! I have had a teacher here who I am older than. I was on his board when he did New Student Orientation here at school. Now he teaches!

Anyway.... I am just ready to be done and start working!

3 comments:

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Hey, it's good to find your blog. Check us out beardallsfarm.blogspot.com. If you don't see this today, facebook me your e-mail address because tomorrow I'm going to be making it private. Hope all is well.

Michelle C said...

It's okay! Don't feel bad. David is in the same boat. I think he'll have a 6 yr bachelors degree by the time he's done. He's just changed his mind so many times and he'll be 26 when he's done too. So you're not the only one. Congratulations though, that is SO exciting!! Then you're off to be near family! - I'm jealous.

The Stevens: said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! GRADUATION IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT WHEN YOU HAVE A WIFE, KIDS, A JOB, CHURCH RESPONSIBLITIES....We are totally on the 8 year plan as well... and it's okay:) We look at the BIG picture...:)