Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Devon is finally a newborn!

Our little daughter is out of the "premie" stage and is now graduated to being an infant! It's strange to think that she is already 2 months old, but she is just now at the physical stage of a newborn baby. For that reason, our doctor told me not to be surprised if she is also behind in the other areas of development. Still, she is growing well, and below are her stats from her doctor's appointment last week.

Age: 2 months
Weight: 7 lbs. 12 oz.
Length: 21 1/4 in.
Head Circumference: 14 in.

Devon is even tempered, I think, until it comes to a really full diaper or a really empty stomach. She is very alert when awake. I read to her when I feed her; she benefits from that even at her age. I've also started nursing her! Before, I was pumping her milk and giving it to her in a bottle. Last week, I thought I would try nursing her, and she took right to it! Now, I don't have to pump all day just to feed our baby, only on occasions where I need food for a babysitter. That made me very happy!

Oh, and one more thing to note. Chris and I almost regret spelling her name with an "o" instead of an "i". We were told that spelling with an "o" is most common for girls. However, there have been a few times already when someone pronounced her name "Dev-ON", not "Dev-IN". I hope I don't have to correct people (in a subtle way) too often. :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's always easy to change the spelling... She's only 2 months old, it's not like you'd be changing her whole name. (Just my two cents)