Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Is Paige a "Terrible Two" Toddler?

Nah. She's not terrible, but she can scream really high and loud if something doesn't go her way.

Paige is now a two-year-old! Her birthday is on June 27th, but we celebrated it the week before so the whole Crosby family could have a party. She received two books, a bubble wand, a pair of pajamas, a swimsuit, a baby doll, and her absolute favorite, a Perry the Platypus plush toy. Her (and Micah's) favorite cartoon is Phineas and Ferb. She lights up every time we turn it on. Perry is with her every night. :)

Paige had her doctor's appointment today. Stats are below:

Height: 33.5 inches
Weight: 26.2 lbs.
Overall: She is doing great! She says more words and phrases every few days. She LOVES the dirt. She likes to climb on me when I am nursing Devon. Chris and I wonder if she will be a tomboy, especially since Micah is the older sibling and plays with her.

Speaking of Micah, he finds rude actions to be funny. Like spitting or not listening to me. Yes, he'll laugh when he spits at me or laugh and run away when I'm trying to talk to him. Ugh. Today, he got a lollipop from his aunt and uncle. But, I told him he couldn't eat it until after lunch. He went to his Papa and asked if he could eat it. Papa came to me to ask, and I said, "No, not until after lunch." The matter is settled, right? We are driving home after Paige's appointment when I hear a crunching sound.

"Micah, are you eating that lollipop?" Nothing.

"Micah, are you eating that lollipop?" Nothing.

With more feeling, "Micah, are you eating that lollipop?"

"Yes..."

I pull the car over, take the lollipop away from him, and say, "You are not getting anymore of this lollipop, because you did not listen!" Of course, he is upset. I know, because later on down the road, he yells, "Mom, Phineas and Ferb, now!" (He means he wants to listen to the soundtrack.) Um...excuse me?

"No, not until you ask nicely."

Sigh... "May I please have Phineas and Ferb, please?" (He always says "please" twice.)

"Yes, you may. Thank you for asking nicely." Sigh... Will they always be like this?

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

That's so funny because Meg & Parker love Phineas and Ferb too! Meg always says, "Mom! Daddy's making a title sequence!" Or Parker or whoever, it's pretty funny. I'm sorry that Micah is being difficult right now - Meg's going through this disobedient "phase" too. (At least I pray that it's just a phase!)

Amber D. said...

I so feel you right now! Lily is also there as well. In addition to being rude, and not listening, Lily also likes to bite, pinch, and hit me. The ONLY thing that works for her (tried Love and Logic, Time Out, etc.) is to tell her that she will get soap in her mouth if she bites me because it is not allowed. I hate it as much as she does I think. On another note, that's so cool that Paige is 2! I remember seeing her at the ballgame when we first moved into town a couple of years ago. I can't believe it's been that long ago since we saw you guys last! We really do need to get together for a playdate. I have a Van and am willing to drive : )