Friday, August 20, 2010

They're still growing!

Yesterday, I had a WIC appointment to re-certify Micah and Paige. WIC updates their records by measuring the kids every 6 months. Here are their stats:

Micah
Height: 40 3/4 in.
Weight: 35 lbs. 10 oz.


Paige
Height: 34 1/2 in.
Weight: 26 lbs. 3 oz.

For both of them, their height is about average and their weight is a little below average. There you have it. Healthy kids.

Micah has become quite the chatterbox in the presence of family and friends. It's a challenge to be patient with that sometimes, especially when he constantly asks "Why?". I thought for awhile he was past that stage but apparently not. I'm glad, though, that he is so inquisitive. Encouraging him to ask questions will help him develop a love of learning.

Paige is quickly learning new words. In the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin, she can point and tell me all the things in the scenery the moose makes for his puppet show. She loves to sing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam," and she'll sing the alphabet song with Micah in the store. If you listen carefully enough, you can catch her even counting to ten. Today, she saw me play "This Little Piggy" with Devon's toes, and afterward, she tried to do it as well. I have to admit, that made me giggle.

Devon turned over from her back to her stomach for the first time today! It was so good to see her learning. I often wonder how Devon will develop, because she was a preemie. But, she seems to be doing alright. Overall, things are going great with the kids.

No comments: