Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am grateful.

For the last several weeks on Saturdays, Chris and I have worked out at the gym together. I absolutely love it. I feel good physically because of the exercise, and I have so much fun with my husband. I have really enjoyed watching his progress. Today, I ran 2 miles! I haven't done that since my freshman year in college.

We participate in a Group Strength class together. This class is not for the weary. For us, it can be extremely challenging. But, we do enjoy a challenge. We do lots of squats, lunges, bicep and tricep curls, and ab exercises. I am amazed at how Chris pushes himself to do his best. I have surprised myself on my physical abilities as well.

Although it may seem that I did nothing too special today (exercise and stay at home), I did find moments when I looked at my life and felt so much gratitude. I love my husband. I love my children. We have all that we need. Most importantly, we have the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have found so much truth in it, and with that knowledge I have also found peace and happiness.

No comments: