Sunday, February 24, 2013

For the Sake of Keeping You Informed...

I'm up really late, and I really shouldn't be. Not too long ago, I finished my cleaning and balanced the checkbook. It needed to be done. I don't mind doing it, though. When I clean, I can usually go into my own world and think of silly things that make me happy.

Chris' birthday was last Thursday, but I took him out to celebrate on Friday. Date night! For a brief few hours, we felt we were rollin' in the dough. I saved some money from what I earned through child care. First, we went to Nakato's Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. Sushi! We had enough cash left over to go to Andy's for yummy frozen yogurt. We had a lot of fun as we normally do.

To do something fun for himself, Chris decided to start taking inprov classes. He really needs this to help him get through the monotony of the week. And he should do something that he is good at, too. In March, his class is scheduled to perform a show! I'm looking forward to watch him be funny. Of course, I have the pleasure of watching him do that everyday. Chris is also dabbling in stand-up comedy. He attends just about every open mic slot he can find. There aren't that many in Springfield, but at least he is still doing what he enjoys. He's had a great time getting to know other comedians as well. I think he's so brave to get up in front of people and try to make them laugh. Brave or crazy. Sometimes, I'm not sure which. (I'm just teasing.)

Ok, it's definitely time for bed. Good night!

No comments: