Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Treats and My Sweets

Tonight, I did something I don't normally do. Something I haven't done in a really, really long time...

I polished my toe nails. (And blogged about it.)

As Chris likes to call it, tonight is his "birthday eve." But instead of focusing on him, I decided to treat myself and make my feet look pretty. I rummaged through my stock of nail polish. Most of them were very old and had to be thrown away. I did manage to find 5 bottles that are still good for painting. Two dark blue, one purple, and two sparkly clear polishes. I would definitely like more variety. Still, it's a start for a girl... woman... girl-woman who is still learning how to make herself look gorgeous, dahling.

Chris' parents were very generous in taking our family out to eat Mexican food tonight for Chris' birthday. El Puente! It's amazing every time. It was nice to go out to eat. Good food, no dishes or clean-up, and a fun time with my family.

I'm looking forward to Chris' birthday tomorrow and taking him out Friday. We will be having a date night! Both Chris and I are very blessed to be able to do these things. We always have lots of fun together.

Just got word that the kids will not be having school tomorrow. The weather is projected to be too severe for traveling, but it hasn't even snowed yet! Still, I had lots of fun with them last Monday when they weren't in school for President's Day. So, I'm sure we will make the best of tomorrow as well. Good night and pleasant dreams!

No comments: