Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Great Day Foreshadows a Great Year

Today... what a day! Since our whole family was awake until a pretty late hour yesterday, our kids slept in this morning. And that meant Chris and I did, too! It's a very rare occasion. No worries about having a late breakfast since we were planning on an early dinner. We invited our friends, the Powell's, over for Bagna Couda, an Italian fondue. A hodgepodge of butter, garlic, and other amazing ingredients used to cook meats and veggies before layering it on sliced French bread. We had the meal on New Year's Eve with Chris' family and were honored to introduce the meal to the Powell's for the first time. It's something we really love sharing with our family and friends.

After stuffing our stomachs with deliciousness, we played games while cramming in peanut butter M&Ms, and laughed the night away. (Yeah, that sounded really cheesy. It's a good thing I like cheese.) Needless to say, we had a lot of fun. Our kids and their kids also played games and watched movies. I'm glad they get along; it makes it a lot easier for us adults to hang out.

And can I say that I've never been a huge fan of Despicable Me, but one thing I LOVE about it is the music. I could jam to those songs all day. And I pretty much did today. 

No comments: