Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She's everywhere! Micah and the challenging potty!

Paige is now crawling, and she doesn't hesitate to move around to get something that she sees. A lot of times it's my foot, a toy, the blinds in front of our patio door, or the doorstops attached to the floorboards. Once she gets it, she chews on it, so I steer her clear of the blinds and doorstops. She can also climb up onto her knees and feet while being supported by something close to the floor like our toy box. Yes, I have pictures of this, but they are on my phone, so I need to get some on our digital camera. Anyways, that's the latest scoop on Paige.

Micah is the usual monkey/monster of a child. He is a lot of fun to watch and play with. Potty training is a slow process. He loves to go potty at church, at Grandma's house, and just about anywhere else besides home. He does use the potty at home, but not every time he needs to. While he lets me know he needs to go at all the other places, he doesn't tell me that at home, so I have to ask him constantly (and of course, sometimes I forget to ask). I need to somehow make the potty at home more fun. Right now, when he goes in his training potty with the removable bowl, he gets to dump the pee into the toilet and wash it out. (He likes to do that.) He has yet to go poop in the potty. I've told him to let me know when he needs to go poop, but that has yet to happen. I'm not in a hurry to have him fully trained; I'm not worried about it. But, I can see that it's going to take awhile. And don't worry, no pictures of poop or Micah on the toilet. :)

2 comments:

Michelle C said...

lol - sparing us the pictures huh? That's great that Paige is crawling already. Your kiddos are growing up!

Beth Willmore said...

I cannot believe that Paige is crawling! Parker still doesn't even sit up on his own yet and he's one day older than her! I think it's because he's too chubby and too lazy! That's great that Micah is going on the potty. Meg loves her big girl panties and I love not changing diapers! It's fun to keep up with your lives! :)