Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Happenings

It is probably pointless to try to "catch up" from where I last published a blog post. So, I'm just going to start from the here and now.

Waking up later than normal today was awesome. I usually like to be ready for the adventure that is my day before the kids wake up, but, it was nice snuggling with my little ones in my bed. And, we had to snuggle to keep ourselves warm. Our house was a little chilly, 60 degrees. What is lovely outdoors but may not be so great indoors. Still, we braved the freezing temperature and did not turn on our heater. We just put on an extra layer (of clothing.) It's October! Where is our fall season? Is it really going to be summer to winter this year? Hopefully not.

Every six months, the world has the opportunity to watch General Conference. Leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints speak to their audience about many spiritual topics. (What is spoken in the conference is later published on-line and in the church magazines.) I try to listen to conference live, but it's hard to keep 3 young kids watching the show. I wish I was more prepared to have them occupied and focused on the conference talks. (Live and learn and do.) What I could hear I really enjoyed, though. I was excited to hear about the new age for when male and female members can become full-time missionaries. (It was 19 years of age for boys and 21 for girls; now it's 18 for boys and 19 for girls.) The younger age will provide more opportunity for missionary work. I loved to hear our prophet talk about prayer and how our Heavenly Father answers our prayers. It was great to learn how I can keep the gospel strong in my home (one thing I was searching for.) I am definitely looking forward to reading the conference talks in next month's Ensign (one of our church magazines) and learning more.

Our family attended a birthday party for one of Paige's preschool classmates, and then we went to Chris' parents' house for dinner! Wok food! It's the best stir-fry ever! And of course, I really enjoy spending time with family and friends. Great day! I do wish we played a game after dinner. Hopefully, it will happen next time!


No comments: